Friday, October 3, 2008

BOOK REVIEW

I just read in quick time, the latest hot best seller, "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It is impossible to describe exactly what this book is except it is a must-read. Like most books I read, it lead me to other places, to dig deeper and to look for more books with related issues. What I learned was that the Germans occupied some or all of the islands between England and France in the English Channel. Did not know and doubt many people did know.

I am currently reading "Slavery By Another Name" by Douglas A. Blackmon. We heard him interviewed by Bill Moyers and it was eye opening. Love learning more about history since we didn't really learn that much in school, did we?

Stay tuned.

Jean

No comments: